February 6, 2013

Stupid/Rude Things People Say/Do to Pregnant Women!!


  • Don't ask a pregnant lady: Are you sure you're only XX months pregnant...you look like that baby is due tomorrow. 
  • Please DO NOT Touch the baby belly before speaking to the pregnant lady directly first. Many pregnant people don't care if you touch their belly (at least I don't care). Just don't forget about the actual person that's pregnant. Some people seem to forget that the baby belly is attached to someone with feelings!! 
  • Don't ever tell a pregnant lady: Are you sure you want kids?? Ummm...well at 6mos pregnant it's a little too late for that question.  
  • When you tell people what you're naming your baby and they say 'I really don't like that name'. Well, I really didn't ask your opinion. My response to them is:  I don't remember you asking my opinion when you named your kids those ridiculous names.   
  • Don't remind a pregnant lady about the weight they've gained. Trust me all pregnant women know they've gained weight and they don't need to be reminded of that. But in case you forgot the baby process. There is a really live human growing inside of our belly. So do you really think we can stay a size 5 with a human being in our belly?
  • Pregnant women don't need to be told their hips, nose, or butt have spread or gotten larger. We are reminded of that every day so there's no need for you to remind me of that as well!! 
  • Don't assume that all pregnant women eat everything in site. Just because we're pregnant doesn't mean we want to eat an entire cake or box of cookies or 2 turkey dinners. 
  • Other mothers always feel the need to tell their horrible labor and delivery story, like they're trying to scare you into not having your baby. My response to them is: If your labor was so bad...then why do you have 4 kids??  If it was that bad you should have stopped after 1.
  •  Other mothers will tell you...you didn't have to get pregnant, I could have given you my kids!! Well lady if you don't want your bad ass kids...what makes you think I do!!
  • You should babysit my kids and that will give you practice of what's to come. Lady please don't bring your bad ass kid to my house to tear up all my shit after he/she has already demolished your house. 
  • Please do not say: I know someone who is due in a month and she's way smaller then you!! Gee thanks that makes me feel really good considering I still have a long way to go before my due date. 
  • Don't tell someone who's pregnant: Are you sure you're only having one baby? Are you sure it's not twins? Are you sure your due date is right?   
  • Don't ever say this: You're carrying that baby all over the place! How is this statement supposed to make a pregnant women feel good about herself?
  • My all time fav: You're going to the bathroom AGAIN!! Ummm...hello...I have a human inside of me that thinks my bladder is a punching bag. Do you really think I like
  • Don't assume that every pregnant lady wants pickles!! I DON'T WANT PICKLES!! GRrrr!!
  • Aww...that sucks you can't drink. What the point of you going out to a party if you can't drink? Lady at this point I don't want a drink, just give me the bottle so I can beat you over the head with it. I don't need to have a drink to have a good time and while you're laughing at me because I can't drink...please don't ask me to be your 'Designated Driver'!!
  •  You sure are emotional or you sure are being a b*&^%?? Listen, if you were carrying a large human in your uterus that has now taken over every ounce of your being...you probably wouldn't be a sun shiny day everyday all day either!!


No comments:

Post a Comment